- 200g Cumberland Rum Nicky or Cumberland Tea Nicky
- handful of pecan nuts, choppedÂ ( optional)
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 puff pastry sheet, preferably all butter
- icing sugar, to serve
Oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- Mix the Cumberland Rum Nicky and nuts together; set aside. Lightly flour a work surface, then roll pastry out to a rectangle measuring 40 x 30cm. Trim the edges with a sharp knife.
- Carefully position the pastry with one of the long edges facing you. Spread two-thirds of the Cumberland Rum Nicky mix over the pastry, then fold the two shorter edges over to meet in the middle. Spread the rest of the Cumberland Rum Nicky over the folded pastry and bring the outside ends over again to join in the centre. Turn the pastry over, lift onto a non-stick baking sheet, then gently squeeze down the length to make an even-shaped log, with tight folds.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer. Cut the pastry into 1cm slices and arrange on baking sheets, spaced apart. Cook on the top shelf for 15 mins until risen and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve dusted with icing sugar or drizzle lightly with icing.