- 200g Shortcrust pastry
- 20cm Round shallow pie plate
- 1 jar Yvonne Gainford’s Cumberland Rum Nicky
- Preheat oven 180 deg C
- Roll out the pastry to thickness of a Â£1 coin and line the plate with pastry.
- Add the filling spreading evenly on the pastry base. Moisten the pastry edge with water.
- Roll out the remaining pastry slightly larger than the plate and lay across the top, gently pressing down around the edge to seal. Trim off excess pastry and crimp the edges together to form decorative crust. Using a sharp knife make 1cm cuts randomly all over the top (this allows the filling to ‘breathe’). Brush with milk and place in centre of oven for 25-30 mins or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing a slicing. Serve with little Rum Butter allowed to melt over the crust.